Wednesday, November 25, 2015

To Phoenix

November 16 -17, 2015:

It had rained heavily overnight and was windy and overcast in the morning as we departed Globe, Arizona.  The ride was a rough one, it’s a tough drive between Globe and Miami through Devils Canyon and over rugged mountains.  The wind was wicked also and didn’t let up; I had to fight it all the way to Phoenix.  It was Route 60 west to Route 10 west all the way across the kamikaze stretch of highway across Phoenix.    

Our destination, the Leaf Verde RV Park, is a huge antiseptic snowbird parking lot with the usual snowbird amenities and activities.  I’m not a fan of these places, in case you didn’t notice.  

We went straight to the assisted living home where Mom was moved to recently and had then taken a sharp turn for the worse.  They were giving her morphine to make her comfortable and she had been unconscious for the past couple of days.  This decline came on very suddenly and she died peacefully the early morning hours of November 17th.  She was 97 years old, lived a good long life, but it’s still difficult to accept.  I feel like a part of me died also.  I will end this post on this note without getting too goofy about the sanctity of life and death. 

Life continues in the Valley of the Sun,
Twinkles and Slick  

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry for the loss of your mother. I hope that time will heal your wound. I have been reading your blog for many months and have really enjoyed reading about your travels.

    ReplyDelete